The excitement of viewing our Sun through a dedicated solar telescope is sure to provide many hours of visual enjoyment and educational insights. This package is fully upgradeable at any time without ever having to go back to the factory. As the Sun becomes increasingly more active, you will appreciate that the instrument can grow right along with it.
Lunt LS60THa solar telescopes with a pressure tuner provides the basic essentials perfect for a first time introduction to Daytime Solar Observing, while also including the newest technology for fine tuning, allowing basic research of the Sun's disk and some surface details.
True Doppler Tuning (Pressure Tuning) allows for a shift into and away from the user, adding a 3D like component to the viewing experience. While it has minimal effect on prominences due to them being at the edge of the disk, it does have an effect on filaments and active regions on the surface. While looking at a filament at the center of the Sun the user has the ability to Doppler shift from the base of the filament to the tip, following the filament through its structure, allowing for enhanced visual and imaging capability for the observer as well as a research tool for the avid hobbyist. The pressure tuning system provides an order of magnitude more precision to the tuning of the desired features.
- Narrow Band Hydrogen-alpha (656.28nm) Dedicated System.
- A refractor based system with a 60mm front objective.
- An internal Etalon with a pressure tuner allows for <0.70 Angstrom bandpass, providing a perfect blend of edge and surface detail.
- The system includes the clamshell with threaded holes for mounting, dust caps, and an aluminum re-enforced case.
- An eyepiece is NOT included, and although any eyepiece will work, Lunt recommends their 7.2-21.5mm Lunt Zoom eyepiece.
Specifications: (single stacked)
- Type: Single Interference Etalon
- Tuning: Internal Pressure Tune (Doppler True Tuning)
- Aperture: 60mm
- Focal Length: 500mm
- F Ratio: F/8.3
- Bandpass: <0.70 Angstroms @ 656nm
- Focuser: 2" Crayford with 10:1 fine adjustment
- Mounting: Integrated clamshell style with 1/4-20 tapped base
- Color: Pearl White with Black and Red accents
- Diagonal: B1200 Blocking Filter with 1.25" eyepiece holder and male T thread
- Storage: Aluminum finished hard case with fitted foam
May 8, 2017
Nice views and solid constructionPros: Cons: Comments:
This is my first solar scope. The regular focuser has been able to handle a DSLR and is nice to use visually. The scope is built like a tank.
The included case is nice but could be improved. Lunt's idea to fit the scope is to remove the dovetail and solar finder each time you pack it. They even provide cutouts in the foam. After cutting out some of the foam and rotating the focuser and clamshell I was able to make it fit tightly. The result isn't pretty but works well enough. Some of the foam is pre-cut to fit the optional front etalon.
The proper dovetail is 150mm. Longer ones will hit the focuser's lock screw, you can remove the screw if so inclined. There isn't much room for balance. The added weight of the second etalon should improve balance.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.com
Lowjiber New Member
- Skill Level
- Time with Product
Sep 29, 2016
- User Notes:
- Review by Lowjiber of Las Vegas, Nevada.
Awesome Hydrogen-alpha ScopePros:
Strong Construction,Accurate,Solar Imaging,CompactCons:
I bought this scope to replace a Lunt 50 THa... primarily for solar imaging.
With an ASI174MM monochrome and the B1200 Blocking Filter this scope delivers awesome details of both proms and surface. The Ha Tuner is easy to adjust and the two-speed Crayford style focuser is an imager's dream.
Visually, the scope also provides the satisfying views that one expects from a Lunt.
I strongly recommend this scope for the newcomer to solar astronomy, as well as the seasoned veteran.
This is the third scope I've purchased from Agena. One can't ask for better customer service anywhere else. Agena gets all my astronomy business.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comJun 26, 2015
The Sun at its bestPros:
Strong Construction,Easy to Use,Quality Lenses,Compact,AccurateCons:
This scope gets great views of the surface features on the Sun. The Solar flares are very visible with this scope.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comSort by
Telescope Aperture 2.36" (60mm) Manufacturer Lunt Solar Systems Telescope Aperture Up to 80mm Telescope Series Lunt Solar Ha