The excitement of viewing our Sun through a dedicated solar telescope is sure to provide many hours of visual enjoyment and educational insights. This package is fully upgradeable at any time without ever having to go back to the factory. As the Sun becomes increasingly more active, you will appreciate that the instrument can grow right along with it.
Lunt LS60THa solar telescopes with a pressure tuner provides the basic essentials perfect for a first time introduction to Daytime Solar Observing, while also including the newest technology for fine tuning, allowing basic research of the Sun's disk and some surface details.
True Doppler Tuning (Pressure Tuning) allows for a shift into and away from the user, adding a 3D like component to the viewing experience. While it has minimal effect on prominences due to them being at the edge of the disk, it does have an effect on filaments and active regions on the surface. While looking at a filament at the center of the Sun the user has the ability to Doppler shift from the base of the filament to the tip, following the filament through its structure, allowing for enhanced visual and imaging capability for the observer as well as a research tool for the avid hobbyist. The pressure tuning system provides an order of magnitude more precision to the tuning of the desired features.
- Narrow Band Hydrogen-alpha (656.28nm) Dedicated System.
- A refractor based system with a 60mm front objective.
- An internal Etalon with a pressure tuner allows for <0.70 Angstrom bandpass, providing a perfect blend of edge and surface detail.
- The system includes the clamshell with threaded holes for mounting, dust caps, and an aluminum re-enforced case.
- An eyepiece is NOT included, and although any eyepiece will work, Lunt recommends their 7.2-21.5mm Lunt Zoom eyepiece.
Specifications: (single stacked)
- Type: Single Interference Etalon
- Tuning: Internal Pressure Tune (Doppler True Tuning)
- Aperture: 60mm
- Focal Length: 500mm
- F Ratio: F/8.3
- Bandpass: <0.70 Angstroms @ 656nm
- Focuser: 2" Starlight Feather Touch Focuser with 10:1 fine adjustment and 1.5" travel
- Mounting: Integrated clamshell style with 1/4-20 tapped base
- Color: Pearl White with Black and Red accents
- Diagonal: B1200 Blocking Filter with 1.25" eyepiece holder and male T thread
- Storage: Aluminum finished hard case with fitted foam
|Telescope Aperture||2.36" (60mm)|
|Manufacturer||Lunt Solar Systems|
|Telescope Aperture||Up to 80mm|
|Telescope Series||Lunt Solar Ha|