Meade Series 5000 1.25" Plossl Eyepiece - 9mm # 07651
The new Series 5000 Plossl eyepieces represent a milestone in design and engineering. The five and six element designs feature tack sharp optical performance which delivers a 40% improvement in corrections for chromatic aberration and edge-distortions over traditional plossl designs. They yield the widest possible fields-of-view, consistent with pinpoint edge-of-field sharpness and contrast. Compare their unparalleled 60° apparent field-of-view to any Plossl on the market today. Take a look through the new Meade Series 5000 Plossls and rediscover your favorite celestial objects.
• Wide 60° apparent field-of-view
• Premium grade optical glass
• Individually tuned, multi-layered coatings for maximum light transmission
• Lens edges and all internal metal surfaces are blackened to maximize image contrast
• Parfocal - little or no refocusing required when switching eyepieces
• Long eye relief
• Adjustable twist-up rubber eyeguards
• Includes a free Agena storage bolt-case with foam inserts (a $3 - $5.50 value)!
Product carries full one year Meade factory limited warranty (within US/Canada only).
Oct 30, 2011
Low cost and good lensPros:
Quality Lenses,SimpleCons: Comments:
Eyepiece is a low cost. However, when the planet observations showed a very good look. It is bright and sharpness. Will be a good choice for a low price. I have to use a binviewer has bought two.Bottom Line: Would you recommend this item? Yes
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.com
- Skill Level
- Time with Product
- User Notes:
- Review by sebagr of Buenos Aires, Argentina.
|Apparent Field of View||60°|
|Barrel Size||1.25" (31.7mm)|
|Bolt Case Included||Discontinued Item|
|Bolt Case Size||Agena 42x60mm|
|Rubber Eye Guard||Yes (Twist-Up Eyecup)|
|Blackened Lens Edges||Yes|
|Eyepiece Focal Length||5.1mm - 10mm|
|Eyepiece Field of View||51 - 60 degrees|
|Eyepiece Series||Meade 5000 Plossl|
|Barrel Type||With safety undercut|
|Filter Threads||Standard 1.25" Filter Thread (M28.5 x 0.6)|