A. About Optolong's Clear Focusing Filter
The Optolong Clear Focusing filter is designed to highly pass the visible spectral region from 420-680nm at 98.5% transmission.
B. Main Uses and Performance
- Use of astrophotography filters, especially narrowband filters, often results in dim images which can be difficult to focus. Clear focusing filter can be used first to clearly focus the image and then replaced by other Optolong imaging filters.
- Use with modified DSLRs for higher efficiency and sensitivity by passing visible range with 98.5% transmission.
- Act as an outstanding dust shield, which prevents the possibility of dust settling on the lens during long time exposure.
C. Spectral Curve Transmission Characteristics
- 98.5% transmission over the visible spectral region over 420-680nm.
D. Technical Specifications
- Both surfaces are fine optically polished, accurate to 1/4 wavelength or better, and parallel to within 30 seconds or arc.
- 2mm thick Schott B270 optical glass substrate material.
- Very high surface quality of 60/40 or better (US Military Spec MIL-O-13830).
E. Optical Coating Specifications
- Multi layer anti-reflection coated.
- Non-cementing optical substrate coating.
- Electron-beam gun evaporation with Ion-assisted deposition coating technology for durability and resistance to scratching, as well as stability on CWL (central wavelength) so that there is no deviation due to temperature changes during use.
- Precise and homogeneous coatings ensure high values of desired passband and blocking of unwanted offband.
- Every single filter is tested and passed by Optolong before shipping to dealers.
- 1.25" astronomy filter with standard M28.5x0.6 male filter thread (no female thread, so it cannot be stacked with other filters).
- Ultra-thin filter cell to minimize vignetting; clear optical aperture of 26mm.
- Precision CNC-machined metal filter cell with sand blasted black anodized finish, anti-reflection treatment, and laser engraving.
- High quality protective plastic storage case.
WARNING: Optolong filters are not designed for direct solar observation. NEVER use these filters for observing the Sun, or permanent eye and equipment damage will result.
Jesús Muñoz New Member
- Skill Level
- Time with Product
- User Notes:
- Review by Jesus M.