Starlite - The bestselling astronomer's flashlight with 2 Red LEDs!
Rigel Systems' original astro flashlights, much imitated but never duplicated, are back! LEDs are socketed so you can easily swap in different color LEDs. Smooth & easy thumb-wheel adjusts LED brightness. Water Resistant.
- Dual Ultra-bright LEDs - The best and the brightest with lifetimes of 100,000+ hours, never break, and provide smooth illumination.
- Thumbwheel Brightness Control - Dial up just the right amount of light and extend battery life.
- Energy Efficient - Up to 320+ hours at the dimmest setting, 12+ hours at the brightest, from one 9V Alkaline.
- Exclusive brightness regulation circuitry - keeps the LEDs shining bright as batteries age, unlike competitors LED flashlights which start bright but quickly fade.
- 9 Volt Battery & 20" neck strap included.
Nov 27, 2015
Light pattern is a very even circle of red light with a brighter ring around the edge of it. Dims well. Rotary switch is off at center position, lights when you turn past a click stop either way, then gets brighter as you turn. Looks like the same switch is probably used for the 2 color versions of the flashlight, presumably one way is red, the other way white. In this light, both ways are red. Light enough to wear around your neck and hold in your mouth (for changing eyepieces, trouble shooting, etc) comfortably. It is possible to turn the light on very dimly without knowing it, since it can be on even between the 2 off detents. I wish I had gotten the 2-color one, since red is very hard to read star charts with.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comSort by