The exciting new Sky-Watcher Dobsonian SynScan series telescope is a precision engineered instrument that will allow you to easily find and enjoy viewing night sky treasures, such as Planets, Nebulae, Star Clusters, Galaxies and much more. With its patented collapsible tube design, these Dobsonians are truly the ultimate in portability and performance.
The elegant truss tube design was carefully engineered to combine ease of use, extreme portability and consistent performance in an affordable package. Unlike other truss tube designs, the SkyWatcher Collapsible Dobsonian does not need to be disassembled between uses. It transports as two compact pieces that can be assembled and ready to use in just seconds! It is easy to collimate once set up, and it holds its collimation throughout the evening. The patented Tension Control Handle allows users to add or reduce tension, thereby increasing or decreasing the friction between the optical tube and the sideboards.
The SynScan AZ hand control allows you point your telescope at a specific object, or even tour the night sky at the touch of a button!! The user-friendly menu system allows automatic slewing to over 42,000 objects. Even an inexperienced astronomer can master its variety of features in a few observing sessions. The patented dual encoder design allows the telescope to be moved manually whenever the user wishes - but with no need for re-alignment!
The Sky-Watcher Dobsonian SynScan series combines the convenience and affordability of the traditional Dobsonian with the convenience of a computerized Go-To telescope.
- Optical Design:Newtonian Reflector
- Aperture (mm): 254 mm (10 in)
- Focal Length: 1200 mm
- Focal Ratio: f/4.7
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm): 25 mm
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2 (mm): 10 mm
- Finderscope: 8x50 RA Viewfinder
- Highest Useful Magnification: 500x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 13.9
SynScan AZ hand control Specifications:
- Power Supply: 10 to 15 V DC 1Amp, 2.1mm Plug (Center positive)
- Motor type: DC Servo Motors,
- Resolution: Motor encoder: 1,620,000 counts per revolution, Main axis encoder: 11,748 counts per revolution
- Slew speeds: 1X, 2X, 8X, 16X, 32X, 200X, 400X, 600X, 800X, 1000X
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar
- Tracking Mode: Dual Axes Tracking
- Alignment Method: Brightest-Star Alignment, Two-Star Alignment
- Database: 25 user defined objects. Complete M, NGC and IC catalog, partial SAO catalogues, total 42,900 objects
- Go-To Pointing Accuracy: Up to 5 arc min
- OTA length retracted: 31.5"
- OTA length extended: 44"
- OTA width: 11.375"
- OTA weight (with accessories): 33 lbs
- Base weight: 39 lbs
- Base dimensions: 30 x 20"
- Zenith eyepiece height: 49"
Product carries full 2 year manufacturer factory limited warranty (within US only).
Manufacturer part number: S11810
|Telescope Aperture||10" (254mm)|
|Telescope Aperture||8.1in - 10in|
|Telescope Series||Sky Watcher GoTo Collapsible Dobsonian|