If you are looking to start out with something a little larger than a beginner scope or need a better finder scope for your large telescope, the A80Mf is the one to buy. Although it is just 10mm larger than its smaller cousin the A70Lf, this extra aperture will reveal more detail in solar system objects and the deep sky. I find myself using the 80mm size for terrestrial viewing of ships on the ocean or whale watching. With an optional sun projection accessory, I have viewed sun spots projected onto a white surface. (Of course NEVER look at the sun directly). The A80Mf, although inexpensive, is not a toy telescope. It has the same quality glass and exacting workmanship that goes into Vixen's much larger telescopes.
Clear Skies, MrStarGuy
A perfect telescope for the beginner astronomer or an ideal first telescope for a child. With Vixen's Universal Dove Tail system, this can mount on any of the Vixen mounts. The A80Mf is an Achromatic Refractor with 80mm (3.2”) of aperture. Its focal length is 910mm (3 ft.) with an f ratio of 11.4. Its light gathering is 130 times better than the human eye and has a maximum (realistic) power of 144X. It is easily transported to your observing site for quick set up and viewing. It weighs about 5.5 lbs. and is covered by Vixen's 5 Year Warranty.
The A80Mf OTA (Optical Tube Assembly) comes complete with:
- A smaller 6x24 finder telescope that attaches to the main scope to help you center the object.
- A 20mm eyepiece for general viewing.
- A 6.3mm eyepiece for those really clear nights, for high power viewing.
- A diagonal Prism that connects the eyepiece to the telescope.
- A Dew / Sun shield. (Not for solar viewing).
- Complete tube rings and dovetail plate to quickly attach the A80Mf to your mount.
- Focal Length: 910mm
- Adapter Thread: 42mm/ For T-Ring
- Light Gathering Power: 131x
- Resolving Power: 1.45 arc sec
- Dimensions: 90mm x 860mm (3.5 x 33.8 in)
- Weight: 2.5 kg (5.5 lbs)
|Telescope Aperture||3.15" (80mm)|
|Telescope Aperture||Up to 80mm|
|Telescope Series||Vixen Refractors|