William Optics is proud to introduce the SPL (Super Planetary Long eye-relief) eyepieces. This new Planetary Eyepiece series is designed for users with needs of a high-power, sharp and contrasty views for planetary observations. The long eye relief is a bonus for people with eyeglasses and for people who do not want to strain their eyesight during observing sessions.
High Quality Optical Lens
- Special glasses and perfect multi-coatings make the optical performance of SPL eyepieces amazing in almost any telescope. A very well corrected field of view, free from optical aberrations allows you to finally enjoy planets as they deserve.
- Good transmittance and excellent color rendition will allow you to enjoy planetary details you had missed so far.
- Leave ghosting and flares to other eyepieces: your William Optics SPL will not disappoint you.
High Power and High Contrast
- Available in three focal lengths, 3mm, 6mm, and 12.5mm, these eyepieces will satisfy any power requirement. Easy to barlow, they will yield amazing results even at the highest powers (provided that atmospherical conditions and your telescope can hold such high powers!).
- Great contrast and sharp to the edge
- Distortion-free extra details is not a miracle: it all goes down to quality construction and design. SPL give you just what you always wanted.
Long Eye Relief
- All three focal lengths boast very long eyerelief for maximum view comfort even for eyeglass wearers.
- Mechanically beautiful and functional tapered barrel.
- Blackened lens edges and flat black paint in the barrel to minimize sources of potential reflections.
- The very competitive price of these planetary eyepieces will encourage you to get the whole series to add to your collection!
Feb 8, 2014
Must have when all the stars align...Pros:
Strong Construction,Quality Lenses,Heavy Is A QualityCons: Comments:
Notes from a beginner using a Celestron 127SLT (127mm x1500mm).
This eyepiece certainly provides the strongest magnification that my telescope can handle, and therefore one needs the best possible weather conditions to use it to its full potential, especially for objects further than the Moon.
So, the Moon is exceptional with it. Craters never felt that close.
Mars is too far away at the moment to get the best of it, but Saturn's rings are quite a sight (when the wind and the atmospheric haze forget their own existences).
And I have the certainty that I'll upgrade the scope before I upgrade this eyepiece! Highly recommended.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comSort by
|Apparent Field of View||55°|
|Barrel Size||1.25" (31.7mm)|
|Bolt Case Included||Yes - Free Agena Eyepiece Container|
|Bolt Case Size||Agena 52x80mm|
|Eye Relief by Design||20mm|
|Blackened Lens Edges||Yes|
|Eyepiece Focal Length||5.1mm - 10mm|
|Eyepiece Field of View||51 - 60 degrees|
|Eyepiece Series||William Optics SPL|
|Barrel Type||Tapered barrel|
|Filter Threads||Standard 1.25" Filter Thread (M28.5 x 0.6)|
|Eyepiece Weight||5.29oz (150g)|