Beautiful Ultra Wide Angle (UWA) Eyepiece, for beautiful observation sessions with your telescope. This 7-element UWAN eyepiece is ideal for rich-field observations at medium-high power.Extremely good price for its quality: look around and compare! Ideal for fast focal ratio telescopes (Dobsonian, etc.)
Super Wide FOV
• Outstanding ultra-wide field of view: 82 deg. F.O.V.
• Fully MultiCoated lenses for excellent light transmittance.
• Reduced chromatic aberration.
• Improved contrast compared to similar EPs.
• Internally fully blackened (lenses edges and internal spacers)
• No flaring or ghosting on high-contrast objects.
Light and Easy
• Innovative twist-up rubber eyecup.
• Long eye-relief: 12mm.
• No internal reflections, kidney beaning or other distracting distortions.
Terrific Fit and Finish
• High-resistance anodized black barrel.
• Smooth design for no hook up in your focuser.
• Threaded for use with 1.25" filters.
Apr 27, 2009
16mm UWAN - EP You Must ConsiderPros:
Quality LensesCons: Comments:
I have compared to Nagler T-6 at star parties in my 8" SCT. Difficult to distinguish other than price. You must consider these premium wide field EPs. It really is a giant leap up from smaller AFOV EPs. Like all wide field EPs, they give a space walk view and reduce light pollution compared to EPs with the same field of view.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comSort by
|Apparent Field of View||82°|
|Barrel Size||1.25" (31.7mm)|
|Bolt Case Included||Discontinued Item|
|Bolt Case Size||Agena 52x80mm|
|Eye Relief by Design||12mm|
|Field Stop Diameter||28.6mm|
|Filter Threads||Standard 1.25" Filter Thread (M28.5 x 0.6)|
|Rubber Eye Guard||Yes (Twist-Up Eyecup)|
|Blackened Lens Edges||Yes|
|Eyepiece Focal Length||15.1mm - 20mm|
|Eyepiece Field of View||Over 80 degrees|
|Eyepiece Series||William Optics UWAN|
|Barrel Type||Tapered barrel|
|Eyepiece Weight||7.05oz (200g)|