New from William Optics - A precision 2" prime focus adapter for Canon EOS cameras (Long) # P-PACL
- One-piece adapter made from a single block of high grade aluminum and CNC machined for best quality
- Integrated Canon EOS mount eliminates the need for a separate T-ring
- Built-in extension of 47mm / 1.85" eliminates the need for seaprate extension tubes
- Bypasses T-rings for much larger clear aperture of 46.4mm / 1.83" to minimize vignetting
- Threaded to accept most 2" eyepiece filters *
- Length: 96.6mm / 3.80"; Weight = 7.1oz / 200g
- Ultra dark painted baffles inside reduce internal reflections and maximize contrast
- Long profile adapter; suitable for use in prime focus photography applications where additional out-focus is required (for example, with refractors with short tubes such as all William Optics refractors)
* Please note: Most 2" astronomy filters have an M48x0.75 thread specification. However, there are a few with an M48x0.6 specification. William Optics uses this M48x0.6 thread on this adapter. While the vast majority of 0.75mm pitch filters will work with this adapter (we tried 5 different brands and they all fit despite the pitch difference), there is a small possibility that your 2" filter may not thread on or thread all the way into this adapter. But since filters are so light, even a 1/4 turn is usually sufficient to latch on securely.
May 1, 2018
This extended adapter allowed mePros: Cons: Comments:
This extended adapter allowed me to reach focus on my WO 81GT. Very nice fit & finish to the piece, saved me from the frustration of using multiple extenders & adapters. Solid fit, very satisfied with this adapter.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comSort by