William Optics' 2" nosepiece adapter will let you convert compatible William Optics SCT type diagonals into a standard refractor type diagonal without committing extra funds to a brand-new diagonal. With compatible diagonals, you simply unscrew the SCT adapter from the diagonal body, and screw this nosepiece on instead.
This adapter has a standard 48mm (M48 x 0.75) male thread on one side to connect to diagonal body and a standard 48mm (M48 x 0.75) female thread on the other side to accept 2" astronomy filters.
Features and Specifications:
- Total length = 1.46" / 37.1mm
- Optical length = 0.06" / 1.5mm
- Length of 2" barrel = 1.22" / 31.1mm
- Length of M48 male thread (including thread shoulder undercut) = 0.15" / 4mm
- Weight = 1.5oz / 43g
- Glossy black anodized finish outside; painted flat black and grooved inside for maximum contrast
- Tapered barrel for added security
This adapter will work with the following diagonals:
- Our current stock of the William Optics 2" Dielectric diagonal (Carbon Fiber or Aluminum models)
- Our current stock of the William Optics 2" Quartz diagonal
- Our current stock of the William Optics 2" 90-deg Erecting Prism diagonal
- Our current stock of the William Optics 2" 45-deg Erecting Prism diagonal
- Our current stock of the William Optics 2" Dura Bright diagonal (2014 model and later only; will NOT work with Dura Bright diagonals sold prior to Aug 2013)
- Celestron XLT 2" SCT diagonal # 93527
This adapter will not work directly with the following diagonals:
- William Optics Dura-Bright diagonal (sold prior to Aug 2013)
- Most other diagonals not mentioned above
If you have an older William Optics diagonal (including the standard dielectric, carbon fiber, quartz, or erecting prism versions), this adapter may not - in fact, will probably not - work as William Optics has modified their threads over the years.
There is no standardization in the astronomy industry for the threads used on diagonal bodies. Hence, do not assume that this adapter will work with your diagonal. Please check the thread on your diagonal body before ordering this item - we do not have compatibility information for all the diagonals out there. An easy way to do this is to unscrew your 2" diagonal nosepiece and try threading on a standard 2" filter. If the filter threads on, so will this adapter.
Mar 25, 2019
Nose PiecePros: Cons: Comments:
An excellently crafted piece. Most of all however I appreciated the time an effort that your customer service person spent in making sure that it was a compatable piece for my equipment.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comApr 5, 2017
Just what I neededPros: Cons: Comments:
The standard nosepiece for the 2" Lacerta Herschel Wedge didn't have an undercut and tried to swing my eyepiece to the concrete. This WO nosepiece is a perfect fit and insures that this heavy diagonal (due to the heat shield) is secure and won't move. A suggested part of a Herschel Wedge kit.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comOct 17, 2014
Strong Construction,Lightweight,Easy to UseCons: Comments:
Bought this so I could use my WO diagonal with a Baader Clicklock. Quality piece of hardware as usual from William Optics.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comSort by