William Optics 50mm Right Angle Correct Image Finder # M-F50
New from William Optics! A unique 50mm finder OTA with a 90-deg erecting prism diagonal with helical focuser providing a right angle correct image. Use standard 1.25" eyepieces* to get the magnification and field of view you like!
- Fully multi coated 50mm f/4 (focal length = 200mm) achromatic objective
- 90-deg high-quality erecting prism diagonal included
- Provides 10x magnification with a 20mm eyepiece or 8x with a 25mm eyepiece
- Eyepiece not included
- 1.25" diagonal features helical focusing with 15mm (0.59") of focus travel
- Diagonal / eyepiece are rotatable
- White powder painted with excellent fit and finish that are the hallmark of every William Optics product
- Tube diameter = 54.6mm (2.15"); Dewshield diameter = 58.1mm (2.29")
- Tube weight (without eyepiece) = 15.9oz (451g)
- Not included; sold separately
* Note that not all eyepieces will reach focus in this or any other finder due to the limited focus travel range. Finding a compatible eyepiece that reaches focus may require some trial and error. This is an issue with any finder/spotting scope/guidescope that can accept external eyepieces, and not just with this item.
Jun 26, 2015
William Optics 50 mm 90-deg Finder scope.Pros:
Accurate,Strong Construction,Easy to Use,Quality Lenses,Very well madeCons:
NONE AT ALLComments:
I needed a 90-deg finder for my refractor telescope and I wanted a quality scope. This fit the bill perfectly.Bottom Line: Would you recommend this item? Yes
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comJan 25, 2014
Nice Little FinderPros:
Accurate,Compact,Easy to UseCons:
Difficult To Focus,Not For Guiding,No instructionsComments:
I purchased this expecting to be able to use it as both a visual finder and a guide scope. I since discovered that this was just a visual finder scope.Bottom Line: Would you recommend this item? Yes
It is well made and matches my WO GTF-81 perfectly. The scope fits in the finder rings very well and performs well too. I use it with an illuminated reticule to ensure I line things up properly in the crosshairs. This works well when the scope and finder are properly aligned.
My niggles with this are: There were no instructions. Not a big issue, but I had to work out for myself what to do, and how to strip it down. Secondly the focuser uses the helical method which when turning the illuminated reticule it can jam on the mount rings making it difficult to focus.
As the finder has a right angle prism it means that there is not enough inwards focus travel for my CCD camera to guide with.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comOct 1, 2013
WO 50mm Right Angle FinderPros:
Accurate,Strong Construction,Easy to Use,Quality LensesCons: Comments:
I bought this finder scopt for my C102GT refractor and it works great. It's very good optically and almost as good as my Sellarvue 9X50. I bought an Agena 20mm illuminated 70Bottom Line: Would you recommend this item? Yes
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comSort by