Exclusive Bundle William Optics FLT98 f/6.3 Triplet APO Refractor Telescope with 2" 0.8x Reducer/Field Flattener
The pre-DDG version was reviewed in the Sky at Night (December 2008) astronomy magazine with great acclaim! The DDG focuser version of this same scope was a Sky & Telescope Hot Product in 2010!
The FLT98 is a portable, high quality, versatile APO telescope designed for individuals who want a very high quality instrument in a relatively compact package. This model features a patented dual speed 3.5" R&P Focuser.
This telescope features a Russian-designed air-spaced triplet f/6.3 lens in an adjustable lens cell. The optics are of superb quality with amazing clarity and color correction. With stylish and unique mechanics, top-quality optics, and no chromatic aberration (true apochromatic performance), this is an excellent grab and go scope that any astronomer should own. This refractor is indeed in a new realm of mechanical technology advances and optical perfection!
The redesigned telescope features a new aluminum tube with William Optics' renowned quality fit and finish: Gold signature dew shield cover, retractable dew shield, draw tube graduated scale imprinted, larger extra-smooth (3.5") focuser, a well padded soft case and pair of high quality mounting rings. This set-up will be a treat to use for astrophotography!
- Features a top-quality triplet f/6.3 air-spaced objective, one of the best WO has ever made!
- This scope is extremely sharp and has great color correction. It is ideal for astrophotography.
- Precision optics with STM coatings.
- Designed by a leading Russian designer with FPL-53 glass.
- Extra-smooth 3.5" focuser: a treat to use during astrophotography. No more image shift.
- Two locking screws.
- 360 deg. rotatable.
- Extra-heavy duty.
- Stainless steel reinforcement inserts on both sides and on the back to allow heavy loading without problems.
- Graduated scale for precise camera alignment.
Simply Beautiful Finish
- Solid CNC-machined mounting rings included in the price.
- Pure William Optics quality fit and finish: powder-painted white CNC-machined aluminum tube, golden finish, retractable dewshield, anodized 360 deg. rotatatable crayford focuser, dewshield cap.
Total Quality Package
- Dedicated field flattener.
- 2" and 1.25" adapters included, all with brass anti-marring compression rings.
- All with brass anti-marring compression rings.
Jan 6, 2011
It's pretty much the only choice.Pros:
Strong Construction,CompactCons: Comments:
This is pretty much the only choice for reticle eyepieces and for finder scopes. And it is only available here. I did purchase another brand a while back that had a flashing feature but it was big, bulky, and broke after first use.
It would be nice for these things to turn off automatically after a few hours of non use. I just can't seem to remember to turn them off and I'm always replacing batteries.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comSort by
|Telescope Aperture||3.86" (98mm)|
|Telescope Aperture||81mm - 125mm|
|Telescope Series||William Optics FLT|