Introducing the NEW William Optics FLT110 110mm f/7 Apo - A Hot Sky & Telescope Product for 2010!
Another improvement on your most loved 110mm! The new William Optics Fluoro-Star FLT110 is a high quality, versatile APO telescope ultimately designed for astronomers who do not want to limit themselves to visual observations, but want to achieve the best results in photographic/CCD work and give themselves the chance of taking breath-taking astroimages. Only the best and most expensive are on a par with this, and yet this telescope is available at an amazing price in its class.
This telescope features a TMB-designed air-spaced triplet f/7 lens in an adjustable lens cell. The optics are of superb quality with amazing clarity and color correction. With stylish and unique mechanics,top-quality optics, no chromatic aberration (true apochromatic performance), this is an excellent scope that any astronomer would be proud to own. This refractor is indeed in a new realm of mechanical technology advances and optical perfection!
The redesigned telescope features a new aluminum tube with William Optics' renowned quality fit and finish: Powder-painted white CNC-machined aluminum tube, gold signature dew shield cover, retractable dew shield, draw tube graduated scale imprinted, robust/durable soft case and pair of high quality mounting rings. This set-up will be a treat to use for astrophotography!
- Features a top-quality triplet f/7 air-spaced objective
- This scope is extremely sharp and has great color correction, even better than the previous design. It is ideal for astrophotography.
Feather Touch Focuser
- 3" Feather Touch focuser - the ultimate focuser money can buy.
- Extra-heavy duty.
Simply Beautiful Finish
- 115mm mounting rings included in the price.
- Pure William Optics quality fit and finish: powder-painted white CNC-machined aluminum tube, golden finish, retractable dewshield, dewshield cap.
Total Quality Package
- Dedicated field flattener available separately for best-in-class results.
- 2" and 1.25" adapters included, all with brass anti-marring compression rings.
High Quality Soft Case
- Stow away your telescope in the practical and safe soft case.
- Though you will never need it, you have a 2-year warranty from WO, and the certainty that we will be there to assist you even beyond that, if you need!
What's Included, What's Not
- Included: FLT110 OTA with tube rings and soft carry case
- Not included: Other accessories shown in the photos above (diagonal, eyepiece, finder, reducer, etc.)
Jan 6, 2011
It's pretty much the only choice.Pros:
Strong Construction,CompactCons: Comments:
This is pretty much the only choice for reticle eyepieces and for finder scopes. And it is only available here. I did purchase another brand a while back that had a flashing feature but it was big, bulky, and broke after first use.
It would be nice for these things to turn off automatically after a few hours of non use. I just can't seem to remember to turn them off and I'm always replacing batteries.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comSort by
|Telescope Aperture||4.33" (110mm)|
|Telescope Aperture||81mm - 125mm|
|Telescope Series||William Optics FLT|