The new 20th Anniversary 2016 GT102 three-element super apo telescope from William Optics offer superb quality for imaging and visual use at an affordable price. Only 20 sets of this Limited Edition telescope are being offered worldwide.
The package includes:
- GT 102 three element design with FPL-53 and other ED element glass
- Tube mounting rings
- Retractable dew shield
- All-new 3" Victory Edition Crayford design with 360-degree rotatable focuser
- 2 speed knobs 1:10
- Aperture: 102mm F6.9
- Free dovetail plate
- Free soft carry case
- Weight: 11 lb; length: 27"
The stunning new William Optics GT 102 APO is the new jewel of the apochromatic refractor world. From the pristine white finish on the CNC to the elegant blue trim, this beauty has more than just good looks. The new GT 102 features a 3-element objective using high-quality FPL-53 glass and combined with other extra-low dispersion glass that reduces any secondary spectrum to an unbelievable degree.
- Three-element air-spaced primary objective (FPL-53) in adjustable CNC machined ultra high precision lens cell.
- Extremely sharp with excellent color correction.
- Each lens is Fully Multi-Coated with a special super-high transmission coating (STM Coating) on all surfaces.
- This f/6.9 is geat for astrophotography.
Simply Beautiful Finish
- Pure William Optics quality fit and finish: powder-painted white CNC-machined aluminum tube, blue finish,
- Retractable dewshield and dewshield cap.
- 360-deg rotatable all-new R&P focuser.
- Top quality anodizing.
Attention to Details
- 2" & 1.25" adapter included in the price.
- Anti-marring brass compression rings.
- Mounting rings / dovetail / soft carry case are included.
- 2-year warranty from William Optics.
Specification for William Optics Apochromatic Lenses
All William Optics refractor objectives are double tested and inspected by WO at their factory. These telescopes are free of coma and astigmatism. Since all individual lens surfaces are machine coated, sometimes you may notice minor visual imperfections which will not compromise the optical performance of the telescope. The dimensions of scratches and points shall not exceed the following values:
- Scratches - Maximum Width: 0.025 mm
- Scratches - Maximum Length: 1/4 of total lens diameter
- Scratches - Maximum Quantity: Three
- Dots or Spot Points - Maximum Diameter: 0.4 mm
- Dots or Spot Points - Maximum Quantity: Three
- Accumulation of Defects - Limited Area: 0.8mm^2
- Accumulation of Defects - Total Area: 5.8mm^2
|Telescope Aperture||4.02" (102mm)|
|Telescope Aperture||81mm - 125mm|
|Telescope Series||William Optics GT|