The stunning new William Optics Gran Turismo 81 Apo is the new jewel of the apochromatic refractor world. From the pristine white finish on the CNC tube to the elegant gold trim, this telescope has more than just good looks. The new GT81 features a 3-element objective using high-quality FPL-53 extra-low dispersion glass that reduces any secondary spectrum to an unbelievable degree.
- Triplet air-spaced objective (FPL-53) in adjustable CNC machined ultra high precision lens cell.
- Extremely sharp with excellent color correction.
- Each lens is Fully Multi-Coated with a special super-high transmission coating (STM Coating) on all surfaces.
- This f/5.9 lens is ideal for astrophotography.
2” R&P DDG Focuser
- The Digital Display Gauge - DDG - allows you to take precise focusing readings down to two decimals precision instantly.
- Extra-smooth 360 deg. rotatable 2" R&P focuser with 1:10 dual speed: a treat to use during astrophotography. No image shifting!
- Comes with two locking screws on angled positions for heavy load applications.
- Large aluminum knob with installed thermometer.
- Stainless steel reinforcement inserts on both sides and on the back to allow heavy loading without problems.
- Graduated scale for precise camera alignment on focuser tube
- Top mounted 50mm finder bracket.
- L-bracket Vixen/Synta-style dovetail base.
Simply Beautiful Finish
- Pure William Optics quality fit and finish: powder-painted white CNC-machined aluminum tube, gold trim finish, retractable dewshield, dewshield cap.
- Top quality anodizing.
- Very compact for carrying on flights.
Attention to Details
- 2" & 1.25" adapter included in the price.
- Anti-marring brass compression rings.
- 2 year warranty from William Optics
|Telescope Aperture||3.19" (81mm)|
|Telescope Aperture||81mm - 125mm|
|Telescope Series||William Optics GT|