High quality black mounting rings made of solid aluminum anodized material makes your telescope looks outstanding!
These 90 mm, felt-lined mounting rings from William Optics are made out of solid aluminum, anodized in black, have white felt (not black as shown in some of the photos elsehwere), will fit most 90 mm OD tubes, and all William Optics 80 and 90mm telescopes. A worthwhile investment if you want the best out of your GEM or Alt-az mount!
- Supplied with six threaded holes - three on the bottom and three on the top - for mounting on most dovetail plates and WO dovetail plate.
- All six holes are M6 threaded and center-to-center distace between each pair of holes is 15mm
- Felt-lined to protect even the most delicate telescope finish
- Very elegant, anodized black version ideal for ZenithStar, GT, and Megrez telescopes, including the new GT81
- Nice, comfortable, large knobs with teflon paint protection on locking end
- Rectangular footprint of top and bottom of rings is 20mm wide x 50mm long. Thickness of rings is also 20mm
- Weight of each individual ring is 15oz / 425g
Jan 27, 2018
Strong rings, odd 15mm spacingPros: Cons: Comments:
There are three screw positions, spaced 15mm apart. Apparently, this was an old spacing for losmandy rails/bars, but you cannot really find any plates with that spacing anymore. So, you are pretty much limited to the central screws unless you make a custom plate (which is what I did for the top). Otherwise, this is a really nice set of clamps.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comOct 22, 2017
Perfect for GT81Pros: Cons: Comments:
I bought these to mount my William Optics GT81 20 anniv scope to a vixen plate, instead of the included shoe. Perfect fit, felt lined, easy to use, clamp mechanism is solid, correct size, WO logo, machining is very high quality. Recommended.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comMay 3, 2017
excellent ringsPros: Cons: Comments:
I wanted a good pair of mounting rings for my telescope and these are excellent. I have a pair of the cheaper ones that came with my Orion short tube 80 and did not want that for my other telescope. The WO are more expensive but the quality is far superior.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comSort by