Centering your objects in the sky has never been easier! Look through the William Optics Red Dot Finder (R.D.F.) with one eye leaving the other open, and you will see one of the four selected LED shapes in the sky.
- Optimized anti-reflection coating.
- Alt-azimuth adjustment controls.
- Very compact size, but no plasticky feel.
- Seven different brightness adjustments make it suitable for any lighting condition, including daylight.
- Quick-release bracket/base included in the price. The new base can be mounted M5 and M6 screws and has a longer bracket for easier positioning.
- Four different reticles to select from: dot, crosshair, circled dot, circled dot with crosshairs.
Ideal for Any Scope
- Will mount on any scope with a M5 threaded bracket hole.
- It fits perfectly on virtually all William Optics telescopes, as well as on other telescope focusers with M5 of M6 mounting holes (such as those made by Long Perng).
- 3V lithium battery included.
- Reticules: 4 different, selectable
- Brightness: 7-level brightness adjustments
- Battery: CR3023
- Fully adjustable in alt-az
- Quick release bracket included
- A fainter double or reflected image of the reticle pattern is commonly seen in darker conditions depending on the pattern and brightness level selected.
- This item does not include an instruction sheet/user manual. Using this item is intuitive and easy, but please let us know if you need help in using this product.
Feb 7, 2019
great 1x finderPros: Cons: Comments:
I already had another one of these as well as some similar models from other manufacturers. the other ones didn't dim enough, had poor resolution or non-positive adjustments so when I needed a new 1x finder for my C8 I went straight to the WO unit, even though it was more money. you get what you pay for.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.com
crew9702 New Member
- Skill Level
- Time with Product
Aug 15, 2017
- User Notes:
- Review by Robert C.
Red Dot FinderPros: Cons: Comments:
This finder is well designed and strongly built. Very supperior to the cheap plastic RDF. Using it is easy enough but I don't like needing an Allen wrench to make pointing adjustments, esp in the dark. Fundamentally I am well impressed with this product and the AgenaAstro company.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comJul 19, 2017
NICEPros: Cons: Comments:
In short, it was a no hassle install and it works great with my f/6.
Well made and rugged, the W.O. Red Dot Finder attached easily and quickly to my W.O. ZenithStar. It features machined metal construction - no plastic here. All you need is provided including stalk bracket, mount, attaching hardware and a battery . The finder has eight brightness (0 thru 7) settings with "0" being off. It also has four selectable red dot sighting targets. The sight objective comes with a rubber dust cover/protector. Out of the box, the finder came nearly spot-on aligned so I didn't have to sight it in with the OTA. Recommended.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comSep 29, 2016
A great little RDFPros:
Compact,Quality Lenses,Strong Construction,Easy to Use,AccurateCons: Comments:
This RDF is solidly built and dims down very well for Astro use. No complaints at all, if I need another I will buy the same thing. Used with my AR102 in place of the unusable straight through 8x50.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comJun 15, 2014
William Optics Red Dot FinderPros:
Quality Lenses,Easy to Use,Strong Construction,Compact,AccurateCons: Comments:
Excellent piece of equipment. Perfectly aligned right out of the box. Heavy metal construction, built to last many years.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comApr 5, 2013
Compact,Lightweight,Easy to UseCons: Comments:
Awesome M5 RDF! The engraved swan is a classy touch, too. If you have any scope with a Long Perng tube assembly (William Optics, Astro-Tech, etc.), this is the perfect RDF for you. I also really liked the solid, all metal construction. Good job, Agena!
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comNov 4, 2011
A Pain to Adjust In The DarkPros:
Lightweight,Strong Construction,Quality Lenses,CompactCons:
Difficult to UseComments:
First, let me say that Agena Astro is a great place to buy your gear, they have treated me like a king since I first discovered his web store.
The WO finder is a well made, metal unit, with a choice of patterns. I have 3 of these, and they're nearly impossible for me to adjust in the dark due to the use of allen head bolts for adjustment. The range of adjustment is pretty limited, too, and I just can't get them to work for me. YMMV. A high-quality product, but needs a little engineering work. How about using knobs instead of an allen wrench. An allen wrench? In the dark??
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comSort by