New from William Optics - Vixen-style gold color dovetail plate # M-PVR
- Gold anodized color matches color of clamshell/tube rings on several WO scopes such as GT81, GT102, etc.
- Fits many mounts from WO (EZT), Vixen, Orion, Celestron, Synta, and others compatible with Vixen/Synta style dovetails
- Precision-machined out of solid aluminum, fully anodized for great looks, and life-long durability
- Light but sturdy; mount any scope on it easily
- Weight = 5.7oz (236g)
- Length = 7.9" / 200mm, Bottom width = 1.63" / 41.5mm, Top width = 1.44" / 36.5mm, Height = 0.59" / 15mm
Dec 29, 2016
Fit perfectly on older C8+Pros: Cons: Comments:
Everything was machined for a perfect fit on 1985 era C8+. The dovetail replaced the sliding counterweight bar with the pre-drilled mounting holes aligning exactly. The only modification I had to make was purchasing longer allen head screws as my holes were sloppy from the counterweight bar wear after 25+ years of use.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comDec 27, 2016
Does the job if you're handy with a drillPros: Cons: Comments:
I would have preferred a flat top and longer slots, but this did the job anyway. I used this dovetail plate to mount a camera + lens directly to my equatorial mount. I had to drill and countersink my own holes where I needed them. Note that there are cutouts at the ends of the raised edges, which may interfere with the desired position of your accessory.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comSort by