Manufacturer description provided below. Better description coming soon.
- The smallest and most lightweight 1.25″ Electronic Filter Wheel in the world!
- 300g ONLY ! Small than your hand !
- The body is CNC machined from a full block of aircraft grade aluminium.
- Very thin design, 20mm ONLY
- The step motor is the heart of the EFWmini, which is made by NPM from Japan. You can trust its quality and relability.
- Supports both 5*1.25″ filters or 5*31mm filters
- The Electronic Filter wheel can be rotated in both counter clockwise or clockwise direction for filter selection.
- Only one USB Cable is enogh to power up the EFW, the max power consumption is around 120ma@5V, so you can connected it form the USB2.0 hub of our cooled cameras.
- The distance between the filter and sensor is around 10mm when you connect it to ASI1600.
- So 1.25″ filters won’t have vignetting up to F5 focal ratio scope and 31mm filter won’t have vigentting up to F2 lens
- Our new RGBL filters are recommended to work with ASI1600, it will offer nearly 1:1:1 RGB color balance.
The full EFW mini Set includes:
- EFW mini body, T2 nosepiece, 1.25″ Holder-T2, T2-T2, USB2.0 Cable
- 1.25″ filter requires: threads length shorter than 3mm, height without threads less than 7mm
- 31mm filter requires: a set of M42 screws and washers needed to fix the filters are included in the package .
How to use it:
- You just need to plugin the EFW mini with USB2.0 cable and install the ASCOM driver
- There are ZWO Filter Wheel(1) and ZWO Filter Wheel(2) to select, you can use either one of them
- There are 2 ASCOM is for controling 2 EFWmini in one software.
Dec 18, 2018
ZWO 5 position electronic filter wheel for 1.25" filtersPros: Cons: Comments:
The EFW from ZWO is an excellent addition to an astro imaging setup for your monochrome camera. It works seemlessly with my ZWO ASI camera and capture software. AgenaAstro provides great service and fast shipping.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comAug 29, 2018
Works perfectly with Sharpcap andPros: Cons: Comments:
Works perfectly with Sharpcap and my asi294mc pro! The only thing I will mention is make sure you place the paper spacers so extension tubes etc. do not bind.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comMar 29, 2018
Fast ServicePros: Cons: Comments:
Compared to any other astronomy supply company Agena is simply the fastest. Opt, Highpoint scientific, cloudbreak and Orion nothing is close. They must ship immediately upon order. I receive items by USPS next day.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comFeb 17, 2017
Works!Pros: Cons: Comments:
The two filter wheels I bought did just what I wanted and I have adapted them to my setup -- with a bit of machining. Not their fault.
I have a very constrained setup but was able to put two of these wheels in front of a CMOS camera and get it all to work. My problem was machining. After that was done: it all worked.
This review was provided courtesy of AgenaAstro.comSort by